Saturday, March 21, 2009

Movin' and Shakin'

I didn't realize until today how long it's been since I made a blog entry. As is everyone I know, we are quite busy these days and never seem to cross everything off the "to do" list. Zane has been busy as well - growing, gaining new skills, and entertaining everyone around him every day. I'll have to add photos to the post later, but here's a quick update:

Zane never got the roseola rash, or the secondary ear infection many kids get - just 3 days of fever and then a quick recovery. At his 4 month appointment, Zane weighed in at 13 lbs, 3 oz. and 25.25 inches. Still the 25% range for weight and head circumference and 50% for height. It's hard to find pants that fit him in length and waist sizes at the same time! Last week, we started him on cereal, and he's already a champ at eating "solids". He (mostly) happily finishes off 3-4 tablespoons of cereal 2x a day and will start vegetables in another week. Thanks to the addition of cereal to his diet, he now sleeps an average of 9-10 hours a night without waking! He's also rolling over now - mostly from back to front, but sometimes front to back again. We're awaiting efforts toward crawling and teething any time now...

He "talks" to us frequently and even sings along with us or the radio at times. He likes swing, bluegrass, and rock music in particular. Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra are among his favorite singers and he loves to dance to a good tune. Every evening before dinner, Paul and Zane go wiggle/dance in front of the mirror (Zane loves the mirror) and it always makes them both smile.

Last week, we drove to my parents' so Zane could spend some quality time with Grandma and Paw-Paw. It went really well, and Zane really enjoyed seeing them both. Hopefully we'll make it out there again (it's a 90 minute drive each way) before summer. I spent spring break week working through a list of household chores - some of which have been neglected since Zane's birth. I didn't accomplish everything I'd hoped, but it was a productive week anyway. (Thanks to Jay, by the way, for the installation of the upstairs ceiling fans - they're working great!) Monday I return to work and begin counting down the days until the end of the school year and some real time at home to get a few other projects taken care of and spend as much time with Zane as I like every day.

I hope your spring is going well - I'll add photos soon!

No comments: