Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Marking 29 Weeks and 2 Years

This week has been full of sentiment...we are now into week 29 of baby Zane's development and Paul and I have enjoyed 2 blissful years of marriage.

At my OB appointment, we were delighted to see Zane is still head down (though he was apparently asleep and facing my back, so no face shots on the sonogram this time). His weight is now estimated at 3 lbs, 5 oz (about 1-2 weeks ahead of average - in the 80% range) and his length is about 72% (in the range of average for his age). His head circumference has increased a lot since we measured 5 weeks ago however - now in the 98% range (measuring nearly 3 weeks ahead of the curve)! Let's hope his head has reached maximum size until after delivery! My vitals are still holding steady, weight gain seems to have tapered off for the last couple of weeks, and while sugar levels are controlled with yet another increase in insulin doses, those should level off in the next 3-4 weeks as well. Everyone appears healthy and we are still on schedule to induce about 2 weeks early. I feel as though my size increases daily, though I make it through most of the day without much discomfort. We'll post a new belly photo soon.

As for the anniversary, last night's celebration was limited to a nice dinner at home and my not bringing any work home for the evening. We're planning to have our anniversary "date" this weekend when there is more time to relax and enjoy one another's company.

Work is becoming manageable - not that I'm ever really done or ready to walk out the door when the students leave, but I'm bringing less home these days and feeling more prepared when I walk into class. The swelling in my feet (right foot in particular) seems to be a permanent condition these days and I was again plagued with the dreaded (and agonizing) leg cramps last night. Hopefully I wasn't too much of a grump at work today as a result of the lingering soreness and lack of sleep. With the forecast being what it is, I'm hopeful the weekend will see me able to indulge in a few naps and recharge for next week.

No comments: