Depending on his sleep schedule, we're usually ready to start the day between 8-10 a.m. and try to nap once while he does in the late afternoon or early evening. As you can imagine, our days are filled with a pattern of diaper changes, feedings, naps, and plenty of cuddle time with both Mommy and Daddy. He usually manages an hour or two of calm and attentive awake time each day, though the time of day seems completely random.
Feeding has steadily improved, and we've only had to supplement with breast milk in a bottle a few times since the weekend. After losing most of a pound in the hospital, today he is up at least 3 ounces from his "coming home" weight of 7 lbs.
I am moving around fairly well, with the most troublesome times being after I sleep for a bit (I guess it's all that time spent being still). Next week I should be allowed to drive again, and since Paul returns to work next week, that will be good news.
Paul has been awesome through it all! He was a champ during labor and delivery, and has been so great with Zane since the moment he arrived. In addition to cooking for us, running random errands and doing all the things I'm restricted from doing, he is up for every diaper change (and responds faster than I do in the middle of the night) and has a magical way of soothing Zane's fussy moments. He's also fantastic at knowing exactly when I need a bit of encouragement or support (usually the middle of the night, after only 2 hours of sleep). We are going to be lost when he returns to work next week.
Chelsea doesn't show much interest in Zane, spending most of her time in rooms where he isn't and spending much less time with us directly than she used to. We try to give her as much attention as possible while still meeting the baby's needs and she seems to be adjusting to things.
Zane is now 9 days old...here are some photos for your enjoyment since we've been home.
1 comment:
Oh Paul & Sandra, he is so beautiful!! And so loved!
Susie
Post a Comment