Monday, August 10, 2009

Mr. Independent!

Last week, Zane mastered the art of getting small foods into his mouth (previously, he could get them into his hand, but wasn't sure how to get them from his fist to his mouth without dropping them). Since then, I've tried to provide him with at least 1 self-fed portion of at least 1 meal or snack each day (chunks of fruit, graham crackers, etc.). Yesterday I tried an entire self-fed meal for him: chunked cantaloupe, steamed baby carrots, cheese, and crackers. He took a while (especially with the carrots, since they were tougher to chew), but finished his entire lunch with no help from Mommy or Daddy.
We were out to dinner with Gramma and Grampa this past weekend and Zane tried some bits of pasta. Since those went over well, I'm hoping that once a week or so, we can make a dinner all of us will like and be able to eat together. Since he can manage ground meats, I'm thinking mini-meatballs...
It also looks like he will begin crawling any day now - but he's still our baby boy!

More photos soon ~

No comments: